The situation caused by the global pandemic dictates not only the introduction of special safety standards in everyday life, but also in the organization of entertainment events.
In order to comply with anti-epidemic measures, the Committee for the development of tourism of St. Petersburg develops a fundamentally new concept of holding the annual festival "MIRACLE OF LIGHT", which includes modern approaches to the safe management of events at all stages of preparation and conduct. The concept of the Festival takes into account, among other things, the experience of holding large events of a hybrid format, as well as the logistics of the XXII Olympic Winter Games 2014 in Sochi.
The MIRACLE OF LIGHT festival is the first entertainment event to be held in an innovative hybrid (online / offline) format with a managed logistics of streams of visitors. Within the framework of the Festival, the following approaches to safe management of events are being implemented:
The Peter and Paul Fortress is a unique location for holding a dynamic event with the ability to use the entire territory of the fortress, turning it into a single festival space, which allows the audience to be evenly distributed both across the territory and in time. The length of the route through the territory of the Peter and Paul Fortress is over 700 m.
The event-planners have developed and implemented their own standard of safe activities, including sanitary and hygienic safety in order to counteract the spread of a new coronavirus infection (Covid-19) in St. Petersburg during the Miracle of Light Festival. The standard was developed on the basis of the Decree of the Government of St. Petersburg dated 03.13.2020 No. 121 "On measures to prevent the spread of a new coronavirus infection (COVID-19) in St. Petersburg", as amended by the decree of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation dated 03.13.2020 No. 6 "On additional measures to reduce the risks of proliferation of COVID-2019 ", in order to fulfill the requirements of Art. 50 Federal Law from 30.03.1999 No. 52-FZ "On the sanitary and epidemiological well-being of the population", resolution of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation dated 02.03.2020 No. 5 "On additional measures to reduce the risks of import and spread of a new coronavirus infection caused by2019 - nCoV ", letter by the Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Welfare (Rospotrebnadzor) dated 10.03.2020 No. 02 / 3853-2020-27.
During the event, the following additional safety precautions are to be taken:
- To increase the space and the possibility of observing social distance, all the traffic along the Kronverkskaya embankment is to be temporarily suspended.
- Kronverkskaya Embankment and Aleksandrovsky Park are the places of dispersal of spectator streams before and after visiting the Festival.
- The entrance area, which includes three control points, ensures the restriction of the flow in order to maintain the required social distance, makes it possible to check the availability of personal protective equipment for each viewer and conduct selective thermometry by a non-contact method. Visitors without personal protective equipment are not allowed into the event area. In order to avoid controversial situations, a stock of personal protective equipment (5,000 pcs.) is going to be provided at the control points for distribution free of charge.
- In order to maintain social distance in front of the entrance area
human flow is going to be evenly distributed.
- After the end of the display of the main content, at each of the installations a special content urging the use of personal protective equipment, respecting social distance, and not lingering before the installations, is to be demonstrated.
- Volunteers and security personnel are to be positioned along the route, reminding of the need to use personal protective equipment, maintain social distance and not delay the flow of visitors.
- In the event of overcrowding of the territory of the Festival, the entrance is to be temporarily limited by the forces of security organizations and law enforcement officers, the audience is going to be notified at the exits from the metro station, as well as at the entrance to the territory of the Festival.
- In the event of congestion of people on the route, it is possible to turn off some audiovisual installations, to speed up the flow of visitors.
According to the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of March 25, 2015 No. 272 "On approval of requirements for anti-terrorist protection at places of mass gatherings of citizens", as well as methodological recommendations on assessment of the throughput of pedestrian roads and the main criteria for assessing the number of people simultaneously present at large gatherings of citizens in public places, the total capacity of the Festival site, taking into account the observance of the social distance of 1.5 m, is 2,523 people at a time.
The duration of the Festival on each day is 2 hours.
The total length of the route is 700 m.
Time to cover the route (from the entrance at the Ioannovsky Gate to the exit through the gates of Vasilievskaya curtain) is 15-25 minutes.
Thus, the estimated number of visitors on each day of the Festival is 15,000 - 25,000 people, in 2 days 30,000 - 50,000 people will be able to attend the event in person.
The number of online viewers in 2 days will be about 500,000 people.
Total number of viewers: more than half a million people.